Due to our small fleet and the long distances that many of our riders need to travel to access medical care (which can bring a vehicle and driver out of Shelburne County for a whole day!), it’s important that all trips be booked as far in advance as possible (up to noon the business day before travel) to help us accommodate requests!
In communities as geographically spread out as those of Shelburne County, having bus stops is simply impractical. That’s why SWNT is pleased to offer door-to-door transportation; we can pick you up at your home and deliver you directly to your destination!
If you have mobility challenges or require wheelchair accessibility, please let us know at the time of booking so we can do our best to match you with the vehicle that will be easiest for you to enter and exit!
While our priority is to assist those with transportation barriers related to age, health, mobility, or finances in accessing essential services, any resident of Shelburne County can book a ride!
To book a service please use one of the following:
(toll free 844-637-2572)
10am to noon, Monday – Friday
Bookings must be requested by noon at least one full business day in advance. The sooner you request a trip, the more time we have to accommodate your request. If emailing your request, please note your booking is not confirmed until we contact you back.
Leave a message about the trip you want to take, including.
- Phone number
- Your civic address
- Where you would like to go
- The date and time you need to be there
- Any other important details about the trip
- Whether or not you require wheelchair accessibility or have other mobility challenges we should be aware of.
A staff member will call or email you back as soon as possible to let you know if a ride is available, and to make any final arrangements. At that time you will also be informed of the cost of the trip.
On the day of your trip, you will be picked up at your door by a fleet van or car, or by a volunteer driver using their own vehicle, and taken to your destination. Then you will be brought back to your door again when your trip is complete.
Ready to ride?
Request fare reduction (printable form to be returned by mail)
Did you know…?
- We offer pre-booked, door-to-door transportation for ALL residents of Shelburne County
- We have provided over 14,000 rides to area residents since 2012
- We have wheelchair accessible vehicles
- Assistants/companions ride for free
- We can help your family members when transportation is needed
- Fare reductions are available for those that qualify, and special circumstances are always considered
- You can make a donation to subsidize fares for riders in need or to build our fleet so we can help more people
- You can donate to Sou’West Nova Transit in memory of someone
- Donors receive an official receipt for income tax deductions
- We can advertise your business or organization – ask us how!
- We receive support from municipal and provincial governments